By Michael Kachitsa
The Main Ingredients are:
– 2 large egg
– 1 tablespoon un-salted butter room temperature
– 1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
– 4 tablespoon Apricot jam
– 6 1/2 ounces sugar 3/4 cup, 200 ml, or 180 g1 teaspoon vinegar
– ¾ cup milk
– 1 cup or 5 ounces all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup evaporated milk
– 1/4 -1/3 cup brown sugar
– 6 tablespoons / 3 ounce. / 88 grams butter.
– 2 ounce milk/ semi sweet chocolate
– ½ teaspoon almond extract
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
The Main instructions:
– Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease an 8 inch pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
– In a large bowl beat eggs, orange zest, sugar, butter and apricot jam, until light and fluffy. Then add the vinegar and milk to the eggs mixture
– In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt
Gradually, fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. The mixture might be runny that’s ok.
– Pour batter into a greased cake pan. Bake at 350 until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 25–30minutes
– While the cake is baking, heat the evaporated milk, chocolate, butter, sugar, almond and vanilla extract, in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Remove from heat
– Using a skewer poke holes in the cake extending all the way to the bottom of the cake.
– Pour the chocolate butter sauce on the cake. Serve immediately or set aside in the fridge until ready to use