By TedEd Explore the psychology behind how good and bad habits are formed, and get tips on how to manage these behaviors. Many people deal with a nail-biting habit at some point in their lives. Some will go to great lengths to try to stop,… Read More »How to break a bad habit
By Rose Cross Mahorya Communities in Mzimba North have been encouraged to adopt climate smart technologies and methodologies that enforce environmental conservation for them to increase farm productivity in the face of climate change. The call was made on Friday, when the Mzimba North District… Read More »Mzimba communities encouraged to adopt climate resilient habits
TedEd Sal Khan, the founder and CEO of Khan Academy, thinks artificial intelligence could spark the greatest positive transformation education has ever seen. He shares the opportunities he sees for students and educators to collaborate with AI tools — including the potential of a personal… Read More »How AI Could Save (Not Destroy) Education
TedEd Explore the three major methods of machine learning, which allows computers to write their own rules to problem solve and process data. Today, artificial intelligence helps doctors diagnose patients, pilots fly commercial aircraft, and city planners predict traffic. These AIs are often self-taught, working… Read More »How does artificial intelligence learn?
TedEd Get to know the story of the Mirabal sisters, who led a revolution against Rafael Trujillo’s dictatorship in the Dominican Republic. For over 30 years, thousands of people were imprisoned, tortured, and murdered under Rafael Trujillo’s dictatorship in the Dominican Republic. Three sisters would… Read More »Who were Las Mariposas, and why were they murdered?
By TedEd Discover how much electricity humanity uses, and how clean energy sources could help revolutionize our energy supply in the future. All around the world, millions of people are flipping a switch, plugging in, and pressing an ‘on’ button every second. So how much… Read More »Could the World Run Out of Electricity
By TedEd Right now, invisible signals are flying through the air all around you. Massive radio waves carry information between computers, GPS systems, cell phones, and more. And the sky is flooded with interference from routers, satellites, and, of course, people flying who haven’t put… Read More »The Truth About Airplane Mode
By Blackson Mkupatira Wildlife and Environmental Society of Malawi (WESM), has underscored the importance of involving the youth in environmental management and protection if the country is to escape adverse effects of climate change. Speaking during a District Environmental Sub-committee meeting on Monday, WESM Clubs… Read More »Youths Crucial in Environmental Conservation – WESM
By TedEd Explore the differences between farmed meat, plant-based meat, and lab-grown meat, and find out which is best for you and the planet. In 2021, a survey of over 1,000 Americans found that nearly two-thirds had eaten plant-based meat alternatives in the past year.… Read More »Which is better for you: “Real” meat or “fake” meat?
By TedEd Dig into why ethnic diversity is so important to medical research when creating new treatments and medicines for diseases. While all humans share 99.9% of our DNA, differences in the remaining 0.1% hold important clues about the causes of diseases—and their potential treatments.… Read More »What’s missing in medical research?